- Smoke detectors- smoke detectors are available at the fire station for residents of Fostoria
- Locked Out Program - a program recently started to provide special lock boxes for the residents of Fostoria. Contact the station for more information.
The City of Fostoria Fire Department provides an array of emergency services to our city and portions of the surrounding townships.
- Fire suppression
- Confined space rescue
- Trench rescue
- Emergency management and mitigation
Fire and EMS operations are staffed by 18 dedicated and high skilled individuals, The personnel are split into 3 shifts. Each shift works 24 hours, followed by 48 hours hours off duty, averaging 51 hours per week or a minimum of 2652 hours a year. This allows us to protect our community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The administration office is open Monday- Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We are responsible for:
- Budget needs and execution of budget
-Fire prevention, inspection and code enforcement
- Public education services
- Safety services
- Advanced life support and emergency medical service
- Hazardous materials mitigation
- Rescue from heights
213 South Main Street, Fostoria, Ohio
233 West South Street
Fostoria, Ohio 44830